Who is responsible for obtaining the inspection?
The person who obtained the permit is responsible to assure the inspections are requested.
Where and when do I call for an inspection?
- Inspection requests can either be faxed to 541-298-2667 or called in at 541-298-4461. During business hours (7:30a – 4:30p, except 12:00-1:00 & 2:30-4:30 on Friday) our staff will normally answer the phone and take the request. Outside those hours, call the same number, leave a message and it will be written up for the next day. Call for each inspection at least the day before you are ready for it.
- If the inspection is called in before 9:00 a.m., we may be able to do it that day, depending on the inspector’s workload. However, you will not be able to plan on it.
- Due to the large areas we cover, inspections are only made in each area on certain days. Be sure to discuss the scheduling with our office when you apply for the permit.
What do I need when calling?
- Property address
- Owner’s Name
- Permit Number
- Type of inspection requested.
- When will the work be ready for inspection.
What are the inspection hours?
- Inspections are normally performed between 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. Depending on the inspector’s workload, some inspections may be performed outside those hours.
- The inspector will make every effort to meet am/pm requests. However, due to the large areas we serve, it may not be possible. Let us know when the work will be ready when making the request.
- See the inspector’s calendar for an approximate schedule when the inspector will be in your area.
Who has to be available at time of inspection?
- If the inspector needs to enter an occupied home, a responsible adult must be present. Our staff will not enter an occupied home if no one is home or only children are present.
- If the inspection is outdoors or in an unoccupied building, you do not need to be there. However it is normally beneficial for the inspector to meet with a responsible person on the job.
What has to be on the job during the inspection?
- Post the red job locator card where the inspector will see it from the road.
- If there are plans, the approved set of plans needs to be on the job.
- If the inspection involves climbing, a safe ladder will need to be available. Our inspectors do not carry ladders in their vehicles.