Volunteer and make a difference spending time in a seniors life.
Seniors can become isolated due to illness, mobility problems, or a lack of local family.
By becoming a Friendly Visitor volunteer, you can help an older person stay in their own home.
It is a proven fact that human contact is needed for people to survive.
Could you be that nurturing contact to a senior?
- Builds lasting friendships
- Increases your social & relationship skills
- Combats depression
- Increases self-confidence
- Helps you stay physically healthy
- Increases knowledge of community resources
- Can help you feel needed & valued
- Helps you make a difference in someone’s life
- Assistance with hobbies or special interests
- Phone call assistance
- Assistance with correspondence
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Ability to work with people of different backgrounds/circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Policies & Procedures
- Monthly Meetings
To find out more information about volunteering, download avolunteer application.
Friendly Visitor Contact:
Area Agency on Aging
1113 Kelly Avenue
The Dalles, OR 97058