The Transportation Network offers the LINK Dial-A-Ride, door-to-door transportation services in Wasco County. Dial-A-Ride trips are scheduled in advance, and may include other passengers riding on the bus going to different destinations. The LINK operates lift-equipped buses to serve customers who require the use of a wheelchair, or have difficulty negotiating steps.
The LINK is a convenient way to make essential trips to shopping, work, medical appointments, or recreational activities.
Can I use the LINK?
The LINK is public transportation. Anyone is eligible to use the LINK’s services.
When can I use the LINK?
The LINK is generally available Monday through Friday. Please call the office for specific times and holiday closures.
Where Can I go on the LINK?
The majority of the service we provide is in the general vicinity of The Dalles. However, we can serve other locations in Wasco County. If you live in Mosier and want to go to The Dalles, call us. If you want to go to Hood River, call CAT at 541-386-4202 or visit their website. If you have a question about what service the LINK can provide, please call the office at 541-296-7595.
Reservations must be made by 3:00 PM for a ride on the next business day by calling 296-7595. Our office hours are 8:00 – 5:00, M-F, excluding most holidays. You may request a ride one (1) to thirty (30) days in advance. Due to the volume of rides at certain times of the day, you should make your request as early as possible. Although we will make every effort to fulfill all requests for rides, this not always possible due to limited capacity.
Fares range from $1.50 to $5.00 each way. Please have exact fare or tickets ready – drivers can’t make change.
Cancellations need to be made as soon as you know you do not need your ride. You can call the office any time and leave a message for our scheduling staff. If you fail to cancel a ride before the scheduled pick-up time, you will be considered a No Show. If you incur three No Shows within a 30-day period, you may be suspended from using our service.
Be ready 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick up time.
Escort/Personal Care Attendant
If you are traveling with an Escort/Personal Care Attendant, one personal care attendant travels at no additional charge. Additional attendants or escorts ride at the regular fare for the trip.
Policies and Guidelines
- Oxygen Tanks can be transported, however we must be able to secure them safely in the vehicle.
- Shopping – Only two (2) bags (or the equivalent) allowed.
- Children – Contact the office for information regarding services for children.
- Smoking – No smoking is allowed on or near the vehicles.
- Lost Items – Drivers make regular inspections, and return all lost items to the office. After 30 days, unclaimed items are then disposed or donated.
- Disruptive Behavior
- Violent Behavior
- Illegal Conduct Riders who refuse to follow rules or continue to break rules will be excluded from the service.
Rider Etiquette / Basic Rules
- Seatbelt use is required.
- Child restraint systems appropriate to age/weight/seatbelt system are required.
- No eating or drinking on the bus.
- Shoes and appropriate clothing are required.
- Service animals are welcomed as long as the service animal is under your control at all times.
- Please stay seated until the vehicle has come to a complete stop.
- Do not engage in prohibited or illegal actions.
- Do not distract or otherwise interfere with the driver.
- You may not transport flammable, caustic, or poisonous materials.
- Playing a radio, CD player, or tape player is permitted only with the use of earphones and only if inaudible to other passengers.
- You may not circulate petitions or attempt to collect signatures.